Friday 20 July 2018

3D FLORAL BOUQUET WITH EMBOSSED FRAME

3D FLORAL BOUQUET
Unfortunately, this picture probably doesn't show this card to best effect, however I'll explain the technique so you can get the general idea.

I began with a piece of paper featuring lots of flowers (some in repeat) - this one's from Kaiser- and fussy cut several elements from it.

I used two square dies, one placed inside the other, in conjunction with a rubber mat to emboss a frame on the front of a square white singlefold card from Regal (SPL1).

After that I arranged the cut-out flowers, leaves and butterflies on the card, and before sticking them down, shaped them (you can use a tool and a mat but I just used the palm of my hand and my fingers).  I added further dimension by positioning one cut flower over another of the same type and using various combinations of flat double sided tape and foam dots to achieve different levels.

As I mentioned, the card looks a lot better in reality.  The actual construction of the card is quite speedy, but arranging the "bits" can take some time if you're that way inclined!

No comments:

Post a Comment