Friday 21 April 2017

3d BUTTERFLY CARD

3D STAMPED BUTTERFLY
I like to think that this card looks better in reality than on screen, however, its more the technique, I wanted to show.

If you'd like to add a bit of dimension to your card you use the same method as I have shown here, which is.........

Stamp an image (from Kaiser) three times  - once onto the card front and the other two onto medium weight paper.
The image on the card is the background.  Decide which parts you want to use as the middle - (I've used the wings but not the body) and the front (Just the top two wings in this case.

Colour all the pieces (I've used Copics - you don't have to shade!), gently shape the cut out pieces so that they have a soft curve, and assemble them on top of each other, using foam dots to add height.  That's it - I hope I haven't made it sound harder than it is.

I've added a stamped greeting, also attached with foam dots, and edged the card (a single fold from Regal of course) and greeting with a little sepia ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment