Tuesday 18 November 2014

CHRISTMAS CARD WITH CIRCLE MOTIF

CIRCLE FOLD TEABAG CARD
I posted instructions for this simple circle fold a couple of weeks ago, so thought I'd better pop a card up with a finished example too.

As you can see I've just used a simple paper - gold on one side and white on the other, and without any pattern to distract, the form is really evident.  I promise the middle was just lovely but if it had been a bit dodgy, the gold split pin would have covered it.  I used Kaiser paper as background and border, but if I was doing this card again, I'd skip the dark green edge and use real lace or paper lace, probably in gold to link it in with the motif.  The greeting is off a sheet available from Regal, and I've coloured three little silver rhinestones as a feature.  Again, if I hadn't done this for a demo ("See how you can colour your rhinestones with alcohol markers") I would have chosen red for all three.

I guess that's the idea of a lot of the cards on the blog (the ones I make anyway).  They aren't perfect - just a starting point to get you thinking of what you do and don't like so that you can create something wonderful of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment