Friday 20 January 2017

CUTE BIRD THANKYOU CARD

A QUICK THANK YOU CARD 
First up a confession.....Sharon's paper background was straight - its my dodgy photography that makes it look otherwise......however....I'm sure you get the general idea.

The paper is topped with a greeting (of the sort that comes in the back of Kaiser's little paper pads), and the main attraction - a simple bird, cut from subtly patterned paper, with a white wing and button, threaded with a silver tie.

I don't know whether or not Sharon used a template for the bird, but as she's a confident cutter she might have just cut it freehand....but I would lightly draw out a shape on the back of the paper, and have an eraser at hand for adjustments until I liked what I saw, and then cut.  You could no doubt find a bird template on line, but I think this might be overkill, and you run the risk of not only making more work for yourself, but losing the handmade appeal of your product.  As a plain single fold card from Regal has been used as the base.

As you can see, if you changed the greeting, this card could easily be adapted for almost any occasion.

1 comment: