Friday 24 June 2016

RED SQUARES - AN EASY 5 MINUTE CARD

RED SQUARES
I often look at the cards I make and think "Oh dear....", but I like this one.  I especially like it because its a great emergency card design for all occasions - just change the colour(s) and greeting to suit.

I've used a smooth white singlefold card from Regal Craft Cards as the base - they have lots of colours available if you fancy another alternative.

Next its just a matter of choosing a square hole punch or die (or ruler and craft knife) to cut some squares - any size will do - these are a little over 1 1/4 inch.  Any paper will do too, as long as yoy like it and think it goes together.  These are from a Kaiser paper pad, but experiment with old book pages, rainbow colours, embossed papers etc.

Arrange the squares in a way you find pleasing - I've put these on edge, left a little gap between them, and run them off the sides of the card, but there are lots of other choices - a grid, a portrait orientation, a mixture of small and big squares etc.

All that's left is to add a greeting.  I've used a pre-made one, but the circle is a good idea as it contrasts with the squares, and stands out a little more because I've popped it onto a foam "sticky fixer" and positioned it approximately a third of the way across, and down - a position that naturally draws the eye.

Give yourself permission to play!!


No comments:

Post a Comment