Friday 4 March 2016

PARCHMENT SAILING SHIP CARD

PARCHMENT SAILING BOAT
Kaiser products feature in this card which would be OK for a birthday, father's day or bon voyage.

The caption is from one of the papers in their Sailaway range, and both dies are also made by them.

The slightly "tricky" feature is the ship which has been cut out of parchment paper and then embossed by hand with an embossing tool on a soft mat.  I've then used a pin to add tiny holes around the outside of the main parts.

As parchment/vellum is translucent I've cut foam tape to shape and size to fit under a couple of the sails so that although it can be seen, hopefully it just looks like part of the design.

I made this card for a recent demo, but if I were doing it for an actual card. I'd probably cut a second ship from faux wood paper for the hull and masts and just use the embossed vellum for the sails.

The base card is a large textured square white card from Regal Craft Cards(XSQPL1), and I've added just a little decoration to the inner panel, as you can see from the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment